As your body’s largest organ and the first line of defense, your skin needs to be protected as much as it protects you. If you notice changes or skin issues, you should consider seeing a dermatologist. Here are some common reasons why you should see a dermatologist:
- You noticed a mole or spot on your skin that has changed – If you noticed a spot that has changed in color, size, shape, or started bleeding, this could be a sign of skin cancer. Your dermatologist will be able to evaluate your skin and determine the underlying cause of this change.
- Stubborn Acne – While some acne can be managed through over-the-counter products, others need an evaluation and prescription-grade medications. A dermatologist can help provide recommendations on how to treat and prevent further acne.
- Ongoing Rashes or Hives – Allergic reactions or rashes do not always go away on their own, especially if there is an underlying cause. A dermatologist can evaluate and prescribe medications or recommend other forms of treatment.
- Scar Treatment – If you suffer from scars and wish you could diminish their appearance, some dermatologists offer treatments, like laser resurfacing, to help the appearance of scars.
- Nail Concerns – If you are dealing with an ingrown nail, infection, warts, or more, dermatologists can treat all conditions that involve your nails.
- Hair Loss – Hair loss can occur for several reasons, from alopecia to telogen effluvium. Your dermatologist will determine the underlying cause of your hair issues and be able to provide a course of treatment to improve it.
When you need care for your skin, hair, or nails, the board-certified dermatologists at Forefront Dermatology are here to help. Find a location near you today.