What Is a Facial?
A facial is a set of skin care treatments that cleanse, exfoliate, and nourish your skin to keep it as healthy and youthful-looking as possible. At Forefront Dermatology, we take great care to make your facial a soothing, relaxing experience as well, rejuvenating you along with your skin.
What Types of Facials Are There?
Our basic Clinical Facial is customized specifically to your skin type and personal skin concerns. All facials include a deep cleanse, steam, extracting debris from your pores, exfoliation, and a mask. Forefront Dermatology also offers facial massages.
How Long Does a Facial Take?
A facial usually takes 60 minutes, although we also offer 30-minute and 90-minute options depending on the service you have selected or discussed with your skin care expert.REQUEST NOW
What Does a Facial Do?
Facials do many beneficial things for your skin, including:
- Cleansing – Even if you have an excellent skin care routine, a facial cleanses your face more thoroughly than you can at home. You have medicine at home, but you still need annual visits with your doctor – it’s the same with facials.
- Detoxifying – Debris like dirt and sweat accumulates on our skin every day, causing breakouts if it isn’t removed correctly.
- Exfoliating – Exfoliation removes dead skin cells from the top layer of your skin, revealing the fresh, healthy skin beneath.
- Fighting acne – Blackheads that can clog your pores are removed, while salicylic acid products are used to treat acne and reduce scarring.
- Preventing aging – Facials boost cell regeneration and promote collagen development, which gives you tighter, younger-looking skin.
How Often Should I Get a Facial?
We recommend monthly sessions to improve your skin health and keep your face looking bright and smooth.
What Are the Benefits of Facial Massage?
Like traditional facials, facial massage offers many benefits. For starters, regular facial massages can reduce the signs of aging. Facial massage stimulates collagen production and strengthens the muscles in your face, minimizing fine lines and wrinkles and tightening your skin.
Other benefits of facial massage include:
- Blood circulation: Facial massage increases the blood flow under your skin, bringing extra oxygen and nutrients to your skin while eliminating unwanted toxins.
- Skin health: Facial massage not only relieves muscle tension and stress but leaves you with brighter, glowing skin as well.
Are There Different Types of Facial Massage?
Facial massage stimulates pressure points on your face, neck, and shoulders. There are many types of facial massage, including reflexology, shiatsu, lymphatic drainage, Swedish, sinus, and acupressure. Your Forefront skin care expert can recommend the right type of facial massage for you.
Most types of facial massage only require a person’s hands and a lotion or oil to reduce friction on your skin, although face rollers or other equipment may be used. We ensure that the lotion or oil is appropriate for your skin type, especially if you are acne-prone.
Can You Get a Facial or Facial Massage While Pregnant?
It’s generally safe to get a deep-cleansing facial or facial massage while pregnant – in fact, many pregnant women say the relaxation (and results) are well worth it. However, it’s best to avoid microdermabrasion facials or chemical peels during pregnancy.
What Is a Microdermabrasion Facial?
A microdermabrasion facial uses a special handheld device to remove the outermost layer of skin and suction away any dead skin cells and other debris clogging your pores. Microdermabrasion can be highly effective at smoothing skin, improving the appearance of age spots and acne scars, reducing fine lines and wrinkles, and more.
Wondering Where to Get a Facial? Contact Us
While spas and salons are mostly about pampering and short-term skin improvements, a Forefront skin care expert can discuss your skin concerns and thoroughly evaluate your skin to determine the best options for you. Our board-certified dermatologists can also identify skin cancers and other issues that go beyond cosmetic imperfections.
Facials and facial massages can rejuvenate your skin – and you. Book a consultation with a skin care expert today.
Interested in Facial? Request a consultation with a skin specialist today.*Treatment options may vary at each location.
Please confirm your desired treatment is offered at your preferred location when scheduling. *Age Restriction.
For patients scheduling who are under 18 years of age (19 in Alabama) please make sure you have permission from your parent or legal guardian to schedule this appointment. Your parent or legal guardian must accompany you on your initial visit and on certain subsequent visits to provide appropriate informed consent.