PRP for Skin Rejuvenation Treatment Experts in Ames, IA
PRP is a component of the blood that stimulates the repair and regeneration of tissues. When introduced into the skin with other treatments such as microneedling, PRP increases collagen production and speeds up the healing process.
How Can PRP Rejuvenate My Skin?
Certain cosmetic treatments such as microneedling and certain lasers create tiny microchannels in the skin, causing it to repair itself and produce new collagen. When PRP is applied to the treated skin, it is easily absorbed and takes the treatment benefits deeper. PRP not only improves treatment results, but also accelerates the healing process.
- Increase collagen production
- Reduced fine lines and wrinkles
- Tighter, firmer skin
- Improved moisture retention
- Enhance skin tone and texture
What Are PRP Treatments Like for Skin Rejuvenation?
First, the skin is cleansed and numbing cream is applied. Next, a small amount of blood is drawn from your arm using a fine needle. The PRP is separated from the other components of the blood using a centrifuge. After the skin is numbed and cleansed again, the skin rejuvenation treatment is performed. PRP is incorporated as follows:
- PRP is applied while the treatment is being performed to carry the PRP deeper into the skin via the tiny needles.
- PRP is applied to the treated skin immediately after the treatment when the skin is at its most absorbent.
Am I a Good Candidate for a PRP for Skin Rejuvenation?
PRP for skin rejuvenation is right for nearly everyone. However, people with certain clotting conditions requiring the regular use of blood thinners or other blood-related disorders are not the ideal candidate for this treatment. You may be a good candidate if you:
- Suffer from acne scars
- Are afflicted by hyperpigmentation
- Want to reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Want tighter, firmer skin
- Have uneven skin tone
- Have dry skin
- Feel your skin looks older than it should
Get PRP for Skin Rejuvenation treatment at Ames, Iowa
This Forefront Dermatology clinic, is led by board-certified dermatologist, Dr. Kathy Cook, offering PRP for Skin Rejuvenation treatment to the residents of Ames, Iowa.
Call (515) 232-3006 or fill out the consult form to request your appointment today.