Fraxel® Dual 1550nm Laser is excellent for acne scarring and fine lines, dullness and weathered appearance of sun-damaged skin, Fraxel is a safe, effective, with very little downtime.
What can Fraxel Laser treat?
Used to treat sun damage, wrinkles, aging skin, mild acne scarring, and certain kinds of age spots, Fraxel lasers can improve your appearance without extended downtime.
- Fine lines and wrinkles – like crow’s feet and brow lines
- Surface scarring – erasing effects of acne and other scarring
- Pigmentation – minimizing the appearance of age spots
- Sun damage – helping heal dangerous skin damage
- Actinic Keratosis (AK) – a common pre-cancerous skin condition
What is a Fraxel Laser session like?
Fraxel laser treatment starts with a numbing cream to reduce discomfort, no local anesthesia is required. You may need to wait up to an hour, for the numbing cream to full take effect.
Your dermatologist will cover your eyes or provide eye protective gear, and then make multiple passes with the laser across each affected area. You will feel heat on your skin during treatment, as well as cold air produced by the machine. Some patients feel almost no pain, while others feel considerable discomfort. Your experience will depend on your own pain tolerance.
Fraxel treatments usually last between 15-45 minute. Most patients require between 1 to 5 treatments.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I choose Fraxel® Dual – 1550nm ?
- Fraxel laser treatment delivers the potency of ablative treatments with the gentle safety of non-ablative lasers. So you get the best of both worlds: dramatic results and less downtime. Your dermatologist will recommend the type of Fraxel laser best suited for your condition. Fraxel DUAL 1550/1927 laser treatment targets aging and sun-damaged skin with microscopic laser columns that penetrate deep into your skin to expedite your body’s remodeling of collagen. And since the laser treats only a fraction of tissue at a time, it leaves the surrounding tissue intact, which promotes very rapid healing. Fraxel DUAL 1550/1927 treatment resurfaces your skin by stimulating the growth of new, healthy skin cells from the inside out.
Interested in Fraxel® Dual – 1550nm? Book a consultation with a skin specialist today.
*Treatment options may vary at each location.
Please confirm your desired treatment is offered at your preferred location when scheduling.