What is Exilis?
Exilis is a no-downtime, no pain, in-office procedure used for both combined skin tightening and non-invasive fat removal and body contouring. It is used to tone skin and improve skin texture while reducing unwanted areas of the fat using radiofrequency technology. Exilis is completed as a series of sessions and gently warms the skin to encourage collagen growth and reduce unwanted fat.
How Does Exilis Work?
Exilis is a monopolar radiofrequency device. Specialized, safe electrical energy is delivered by the Exilis handpiece to the skin. A grounding pad, usually placed on one’s back during the treatment, ensures safe delivery of the radiofrequency. During treatment, radiofrequency energy flows from the treatment tip to the skin, warming the skin to approximately 42 to 44 degrees Celsius. At this temperature, collagen undergoes structural changes. Over a period of weeks to months following treatment, new collagen growth is encouraged, leading to improvement in skin texture, laxity, and even wrinkles.
What Areas Can Be Treated with Exilis?
Exilis is FDA-cleared for skin toning and firming and can be used on many areas of the face and body. Common areas of treatment on the face include the neck and jowls where it is used to tighten skin and reduce fullness related to fat deposits.
Exilis is also an excellent procedure for tightening and toning areas of skin laxity on the body. It can be used on the abdomen, flanks, arms, and thighs to slim the silhouette and improve skin texture due to aging.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many Exilis treatments are recommended?
- A series of treatments is recommended. Exilis is typically performed as 4-6 sessions spaced two to four weeks apart, depending on whether skin tightening, fat reduction, or a combination of both is being targeted.
- Is there any downtime following an Exilis treatment?
- Not at all. Unlike many other skin tightening devices, there is no downtime following treatment with Exilis. The skin appears normal and without inflammation after treatment. The skin may feel slightly warm to touch or pink for several minutes following treatment.
- Who is a good candidate for Exilis?
- Patients with relatively good skin elasticity or “spring back” respond more readily to treatment. Younger patients may have more dramatic responses. Patients with poor skin texture may have more modest results or require more frequent treatments. Anyone seeking skin tightening or mild body contouring of stubborn areas of fat without surgery may benefit from Exilis.
Interested in Exilis Treatment? Book a consultation with a skin specialist today.
*Treatment options may vary at each location.
Please confirm your desired treatment is offered at your preferred location when scheduling.