Your Holiday Skin Health Survival Guide
The holiday season has arrived. So have the parties, shopping, family gatherings and the office cookie exchange. It’s a wonderful time of year, but the stress, rich foods and long days can take their toll on your skin. With a little help from the experts at Forefront Dermatology and their Holiday Skin Health Survival Guide, you can keep your skin glowing all season long.
Survival Guide for Healthful Holiday Skin
- Combat dry winter skin with an oil-based moisturizer
- Limit the alcohol: enjoy your favorite bubbly then switch to water
- Keep your skin clean: remove all your makeup before going to bed
- Get a good night’s sleep: target 8 hours a night
- Make healthy food choices, limiting the cookies and holiday desserts
- Practice relaxation: the holidays can be stressful, which can exacerbate psoriasis, acne and other chronic skin conditions
- Treat yourself to a professional facial before attending that big holiday event
- Stay hydrated: drinking plenty of water keeps you healthy from the inside out
- Stick to your exercise routine: it helps with stress and working off those extra holiday calories
- If you’re a smoker, make a New Year’s resolution to quit; in fact, why wait: quit now!
- Help prevent acne flare-ups by maintaining your daily skin care routine
- Keep hand cream and lip balm in your purse or pocket, and use it often
- Don’t forget your feet: moisturize nightly and be ready for those fun holiday shoes
- Exfoliate once a week to keep that head-to-toe healthy glow
Don’t let the stress of the holidays show on your skin. The dermatologists in Cedar Rapids, Iowa are your partners in skin health, offering advanced care personalized for your needs. Call 855-535-7175 to make an appointment or schedule online. The entire team at Forefront Dermatology wishes you and your family the happiest of holidays.
About Forefront Dermatology
Forefront Dermatology is the best dermatology practice in the United States with numerous convenient locations. We diagnose and treat skin cancer and all diseases of the skin, hair and nails; such as acne, warts, rashes, rosacea, skin cancer, psoriasis, eczema, and mole and cyst removal. With a diverse group of dermatologists, we are able to provide patients timely access to a diverse collection of expertise, such as Mohs micrographic skin cancer surgery, dermatopathology and pediatric dermatology. In addition to our medical expertise, our experienced dermatologists also offer the latest cosmetic procedures to help revitalize and rejuvenate your skin, such as cosmetic filler treatments with Dysport, Juvederm and Radiesse as well as Botox. We also offer a wide variety of chemical peels that allow us to tailor a treatment that is right for your specific skin condition. Your skin is the largest organ of the body, protecting you from many environmental stresses. Leave it to our team of experts and the best dermatology in your neighborhood to help keep your skin healthy and looking its best. We encourage you to browse our website for information on our locations, dermatologists and treatment options. Did you like this post? Please leave a comment below. Join our online communities on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn.