BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to temporarily improve the look of both moderate to severe crow’s feet lines and frown lines between the eyebrows in adults.
How does BOTOX® work ?
BOTOX® Cosmetic targets one of the underlying causes of frown lines and crow’s feet—the repeated muscle contractions from frowning and squinting over the years. Your specialist will inject these muscles with BOTOX® Cosmetic to temporarily reduce muscle activity. You will begin to notice a visible smoothing of your crow’s feet lines and frown lines between your brows.
What can BOTOX® treat?
Common injection sites include the forehead, the area between the eyebrows, the corners of the eyes, and the sides of the chin.
A little-known fact is that BOTOX® is effective for much more than holding on to our youthful appearance! Research has shown that botulinum toxin can successfully treat a wide variety of medical conditions, including:
- Migraine headaches
- Severe underarm sweating
- Overactive bladder / urinary incontinence
- Excessive squinting, blinking, lazy eye and crossed eyes
- Cervical dystonia (a neuromuscular disorder of the head and neck)
- Some neurological conditions, such as cerebral palsy
What is a BOTOX® session like?
While most people tolerate the injection discomfort well, your doctor might use one or more of various methods available to numb the area, such as topical anesthesia, ice and vibration anesthesia, which uses massage to reduce discomfort. During the procedure your doctor uses a thin needle to inject tiny amounts of botulinum toxin into your skin or muscles. The number of injections needed depends on many factors, including the extent of the area being treated.
Botox injections have no downtime. You can expect to return to normal activities after the procedure. You need to be cautious to not rub or massage the treated areas. This can cause the toxin to migrate to different areas.
What results can be expected from BOTOX® ?
You may begin to notice results within 24 to 48 hours for moderate to severe frown lines, with results lasting up to 4 months.
While BOTOX® will temporarily smooth your fine lines and wrinkles, to maintain results most people will need another treatment within three to six months.
BOTOX® Cosmetic Before and After Photos
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who should not use BOTOX® cosmetic?
- Do not use BOTOX® Cosmetic if you are: allergic to any of the ingredients in BOTOX® Cosmetic such as botulinum toxin type A and human serum albumin; had an allergic reaction to another botulinum toxin product such as Myobloc® (rimabotulinumtoxinB), Dysport® (abobotulinumtoxinA), or Xeomin® (incobotulinumtoxinA); or have a skin infection at the planned injection site.
- What are common side effects?
- The most common side effects include temporary injection site pain; weakening of adjacent facial muscles; drooping eyelids; swelling eyelids; and headache. Other side effects, while less common, have been reported including blurred vision, double vision and allergic reactions (itching, rash, red itchy welts, wheezing, asthma symptoms, dizziness or feeling faint). These are not all of the possible side effects. Call your doctor for medical advice if you experience any side effects after treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic.
Get BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment at Seymour, Indiana
Call (812) 358-7705 or simply fill out the consult form to request your appointment today.