Dermal Fillers are used to create volume in the skin to provide a natural lift and to smooth wrinkles on the face, they are vary in type and result, are predictable and carry minimal risk or side effects.
How do Dermal Fillers work ?
Dermal fillers help to diminish facial lines and restore volume and fullness in the face. As we age, our faces naturally lose subcutaneous fat. The facial muscles are then working closer to the skin surface, so smile lines and crow’s feet become more apparent.
Dermal fillers differ in chemical make-up, longevity, and have varying degrees of softness. Softer fillers are used in the lips, for example, while sturdier fillers might be desired to enhance cheekbones.
Your surgeon will determine with you the best type and volume of filler needed for your particular areas of concern.
For many people, the use of “off-the-shelf” fillers can be a simple office-based procedure that can nicely enhance their appearance. These dermal fillers are very predictable, and have relatively minimal risks and side effects.
What can Dermal Fillers treat ?
Dermal fillers are commonly used as lip fillers to plump thin lips, enhance shallow contours, soften facial creases and wrinkles and improve the appearance of recessed scars.
What results can be expected from Dermal Fillers ?
In some situations, it may not be possible to achieve optimal results with a single procedure. Most fillers do dissipate over time. To maintain your correction, you will need to consider repeating the injection process at intervals.
There is no downtime with dermal fillers. You can resume most activities right away. Your initial appearance after treatment with any dermal filler may include:
- An “over-filled” appearance to treated areas
- Mild swelling or bruising
- Temporary numbness or redness
- These conditions can be alleviated with topical icing and will improve within a matter of hours or just a few days.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What Dermal Fillers don't do
- For some patients, surgery such as a facelift, brow lift, or eye lift may be the best approach. Non-surgical rejuvenation treatments, such as soft tissue fillers, cannot achieve the same results, but may help delay the time when consideration of a facelift becomes appropriate.
- Are Dermal Fillers safe?
- Complications from dermal fillers are uncommon. Potential risks vary depending on the specific filler used and the relative permanence of the filler substance and include: * Acne-like skin eruptions * Asymmetry * Bruising, bleeding from the injection site, swelling * Damage to the skin that results in a wound and possible scarring * Infection at the injection site * Lumps * Palpability of the filler under the surface of the skin * Skin rash with itching * Skin redness * Under- or over-correction of wrinkles
Get Dermal Fillers treatment at Crown Point, Indiana
This Forefront Dermatology clinic, is led by board-certified dermatologists, Dr. Ashvin Garlapati and Dr. Aleksandra Florek, offering Dermal Fillers treatment to the residents of Crown Point, Indiana.
Call (219) 662-8822 or fill out the consult form to request your appointment today.